Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July 19, 2012

My name is Jack


and I'm a bean-aholic!

I'm pretty sure that I've told you about the beans
that come out of the sky here.


They are just all over the ground.

And they are DELICIOUS!!


The tall guy says they are like "puppy crack" because when I get around them, all I want to do is eat them and I tend to focus completely on them and nothing else!

Fortunately, they are all around at this time of year, so I always have a ready supply.

Unfortunately, the tall guy won't let me eat all of them I want.
He says not to worry about me eating so many beans, because they just go in one end and out the other!

PS.  They are called 'mesquite beans' because they come off of the mesquite trees (maybe they don't ACTUALLY fall out of the sky!).  The early settlers used grind them up to make flour out of them.  

Oh and here is a bush that is out in front of our house.  There are a lot of THESE around as well.


It is very purple.  It's called a Texas Sage and almost every yard has one.

15 comments:

  1. Oh Jack, we saw lots of mesquite trees while in NM and AZ...Zack and Buddy watered them!
    Our Rama has lots of iphone questions!

    HELP!!!
    Do you have our email address?

    ReplyDelete
  2. beans beans the musical fruit..the more you eat the more you toot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jack - The Texas Sage bush is VERY beautiful!! And the mesquite beans look quite interesting - I can see how you would be attracted to them. In Michigan, the most common "bean" that our dogs eat is rabbit poo. Well, they're not really beans, but they look like them....my golden retriever used to eat them like popcorn - she thought it was the best thing ever, and much like you with your mesquite beans, nothing I could do would distract her from her feast! Enjoy :-)

    Your Friend,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jack
    My name is Madi and I am a food-a-holic and those beans look pretty yummy. BUT don't put them in your ears
    Mom absolutely loves your Texas Sage. Wow how long does that bloom?
    hugs Madi your BFFF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beans, beans, the miracle fruit.......I'm sure you know the rest of that one! I loves that bush......as long as you didn't pee on it! BOL!
    Lovies, Miss Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jack,

    Max took one look at all dose beans and him started drooling all over mom's keyboard. :)

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jack, here we also have treats that fall out of the sky, or at least so Molly and Bosley think. Two kinds as a matter of fact, makes for a nice variety. We have rabbit pellets and goose poop, both of which, evidently, are deee-licious if you are a dog.

    Us people are less convinced that these are delicacies.

    Your fur-riend,
    Molly & Bosley's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Texas Sage is beautiful!

    Thor and Jack

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the sage.
    laughed out loud about your bean addiction.
    love you!!!
    bear hugs jack,
    tammy j

    ReplyDelete
  10. You eat stuff that is on the ground? I bet you wash it off first, right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. don't do it cause they gotta come outr the other end
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that tree is totally gorgeous! Mommy loves purple the best, so she went nuts for it. Take it easy on the beans, I am afraid all the toots will make you very unpopular with the ladies at the dog park.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I'm really impressed and got hooked on that fabulous tree.


    Dog Shock Collar | Puppy Bond

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Jack!! Those beans look yummy but I'm not sure those grow here in Texas. As for the purpley bush I bet they grow somewhere round here. Careful on the beans though..... you dont wanna get kicked out of the new puppy park!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yes indeed. The old bean pass through.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete