Tuesday, August 25, 2015

August 26, 2015

What i did on my birthday. 
by Jack 

I was all excited because I knew I was getting something special.

The tall guy always hides his hands behind his back when he's trying to hide something from me.


First he gave me a oatmeal box.
I was hoping that it would contain jewelry or an Apple watch,
but it was just a box.
But that's ok, because I got to tear it apart,
which is really fun.



Then he gave me my actual presents.  Please ignore the fact that they were wrapped in Christmas paper, because evidently I'm not good enough to get actual birthday paper and we have to just go with whatever the tall guy can find in the closet.
I'm lucky it wasn't wrapped in toilet paper.



FINALLY, I got to play with my new toys
(which I have not even destroyed yet!)

I got an elephants made out of rope
and another toy that I can pull apart
but it can be put back together.
(Please don't tell Madi, but I think it's supposed to be a cat.
We'll just pretend that it's a Frisbee with legs and a tail instead.) 
 The talll guy really likes the Frisbee leg-tail toy,
because when I pull it apart,
he can put it back together again.
He said it's stuck together with something called
VELCRO.
I do not know what is VELCRO,
but evidently it's what keeps your legs and tail attached to your body.

So, all in all, I had a pretty good birthday.
 And here's hoping your VELCRO doesn't come loose
and cause you to lose your tail!

16 comments:

  1. Wow! That box sure looks tasty ! Fantastical presents !

    Petite-Chose and Inca (two yellow girl Labs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday..!!
    Sorry we missed it...but...we were celebrating our Daddy's birthday which is also August 23.....but, He's waaaayyyy older than you....your just a pup...
    Hugs, Max & Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a pretty wonderful birthday Jack!!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter what kind of paper it was wrapped in, that frisbee toy sounds pawsome. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy Jack it sounds like the perfect day. Cheap-O must be related to this Cheap-A. My b-day present was wrapped in baby shower paper
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, sounds great except we didn't hear anything about ice cream. You did get ice cream didn't you????

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhh a Quaker Oats box...to start the day off healthy.
    Mom often wraps pressies in the Sunday comic strips.
    Mom was not going to tell me you got a cat to devour. I SAW it with my own kitty eyes now I cannot un-see....furever etched in my eyes
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Jack - you sure did have a great birthday, and the Tall Guy did a fine job of picking out some fantastic pressies for you!

    (I hope he didn't totally deplete his supply of Christmas wrapping paper - after all, it's less than 4 months away....)

    Your friend,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday! I see that you are fun with the new toys. Becoming older, you are more handsome and stronger.

    ReplyDelete