Sunday, September 26, 2010

September 26, 2010

Our Woodland Adventure!

There's a lot of stuff you need to know
when you go to the camping!
First, the tall guy really laughed when
Mistaya started talking about tents.
He said if you were supposed to sleep on the ground,
there would be mattresses instead of mushrooms!
He's more of a sleeping inside on the bed,
watching the teevees type of camping dude!


Here I am trying to get him to hurry
so we could go smell all the outside smells.
I needed some outside smells to fill up my head fast!

This is the 'crik' that was beside our cabin.
I thought it was a creek, but the tall guy said
we had to call it a 'crik' since we were in the mountains.
I think the altitude got to him.

Well, it just so happened that the 'crik'
ran underneath this 'bridge'.
It did not look like any bridge I had ever seen before.
You could see all the water running underneath it.
As much as I wanted to go see the water,
I did NOT want to cross
the 'bridge of untimely death for dogs who have a hard time
when they can see through where they are walking'.

But, the water called to me, like sirens on the open seas,
so I decided to allay my fears, and take the plunge.
Not literally, I just decided it was not TOO bad.
(I was still not very happy, as you can see above.)
And then to top it off,
we couldn't get to the water from here,
so I had to cross back over the bridge.
A lack of planning on someone's part I think!




We finally had to get in the car
and drive to some place where I could get in the waters.
Here is a short documentary about
me playing in the water.


Of course, there were sticks a'plenty!

Well, that's enough for one day.
The tall guy said I can talk about the trip
for one more day.
He said if you did not want to see any more
pictures about me traipsing around the mountains,
that you could watch the footballs on teevees tomorrow
and come back on Monday.
He said I can tell you about the house
that costed two millions dollars
that we saw.

See you soon.

20 comments:

  1. ...and that is why Mom and I don't do the khamping thing...

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra
    PeeEssWoo: Mom says thanks fur the RHCP earworm ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your adventures. It was fun seeing you explore the water, but wasn't it cold BOL BOL? Show me more please!! You are so brave to go over that bridge, Mommy would have had to carry me.

    licks and sniffs, Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whooaa ! 'Like sirens on the open seas ?' You sure you went camping ? Sounds more like an odyssey to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life with Jack appears to be more fun than life with Her Highness. Because she's so small, Miss Whiney Butt thinks she should be held all the time. Unless it's time to go outside, at which point she tries to dart through my legs in a pitiful, but brave, effort to play "Dodge the Traffic." Sigh...

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Has da Tall Guy considered camping at da Marriott???? It one of my momma's favorite camping sites....

    MinnaK

    ReplyDelete
  6. We can tell by the happy tail that you so enjoyed your time in the water. We aren't sure we would want to cross that bridge either.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Jack MOM said to tell you she DOES NOT walk over grates either...she will go a block out of her way to avoid them. To that I said Mom if you were a cat you could just jump over them.

    We so enjoyed watching you in the crik!!! Oh my dogs you were all over the place trying to gather all the smells at one time and Jack your tail was the purrfect rudder!!
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Watching you play in the crik w/out the string made my day!
    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool trip Jack! That bridge did look scary...and then to make you go over it twice!!! What was the tall guy thinking! At least he made up for it letting you play in the "crik". You looked like you were having a blast. Later dude!

    Kirby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great water play! We always said crik in western NY too. I had to stop that when I moved to MA, or I would get teased. Now in FL, it don't matter what I say.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our dad says, if he is going to sleep on plastic, it's going to be Visa.....haha, get it....credit card used at a hotel.

    Criks are swell, looks like you had a great time!

    Wyatt

    P.S. Where were you? It didn't look like Arizona?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Uh K uh K uh K we are NOT goin to the camping! Not with runnin water (why was the water runnin? couldn't the water just stand still? and while we're at it 'get off my lawn!!!')

    And another thing... there was a landing strip on the bridge??? OY

    Bobo and Meja (thanks we're stayin here in MI)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi TG
    I came back to answer your question....madi doesn't talk about the 2 hours she spent in our master closet several years ago. LOL
    She most always joins me after work while I change clothes. Evidently one day I didn't notice that she was under her Dad's shirts when I closed the door. After cooking, eating and cleaning up supper we noticed she was MIA. I called her. All of a sudden I heard a banging from the pantry which backs up our master closet. I check the pantry no Madi...so I kept calling and walking toward the bedroom. When I opened the closet door she comes strolling out, gave me a rather wicked look, then hopped up on the bed for a nap. Luckily Madi cats don't have to potty as much as puppies, no accidents. Since that night, I no longer close the closet unless I see her. Mom only...madi is in denial.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun times! Weren't you suppose to bring a fish out of the water there for the Tall Guy?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jack,

    You looks like you was having so much funs in da waters!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jack -- I was just happy it worked! Go Vikings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a great trip Jack but yes that bridge did look a bit scary. Thank you for leaving a lovely comment on my Mums Beary blog The House Of Genista. Please visit my new doggy blog "Casper Bear" life of a chocolate labrador. I am having a new blog Give-A-Way and would love you to enter www.casperbear.blogspot.com
    Woofs & Licks
    Casper Bear

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Jack!
    Hmmm... my mom would not like to sleep on the ground either!
    You were so brave crossing that scary bridge!
    And you found big sticks too!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh those pictures looks wonderfuls. we wish our pawrents were the camping type but mommish would die if she had to sleep on the floor. bla miss priss .

    pibble sugars, wee wiggles and pupperbreath licks
    the pittie pack

    ReplyDelete
  20. Darwin would not cross that bridge unless we dragged her!
    Camping is still fun even if youre in a cabin and not a tent!

    ReplyDelete