Sunday, May 9, 2010

May 9, 2010

What is it with women?

I was out at the park yesterday, minding my own business, digging a hole in the sand volleyball place, when all of a sudden, this little FEMALE dog comes running up. I thought she just wanted to say hello and see what I was doing, but NO!

She decided that she wanted my hole!

Well, I had dug just enough to get in and be cool and it was way too big for her, but she wanted it anyway.

So, being the nice puppy that I am, I let her have it.

Well, I didn't let her have it, but I let her take the hole so she could be cool too. And then you know what she did? Exactly. About 2 seconds later, she gets up and leaves.

SUCH a drama queen!

So we continued on our walk and the tall guy saw this plant and figured he would ask you what it was. But then I told him he should do the Google and he did and he found out that it is an OCOTILLO plant (Ocotillo Fouquieria splendens to be exact).

We see a lot of these out on our walk and they have some pretty cool flowers right now.

So I told him he should show you what it looked like and here it is:

15 comments:

  1. Boys RULE girls DROOl!!
    ~Texas & Pompei.

    (of in the distance we hear from Texas)
    *HEY!!! MoOooMM BUBBLES JUST BIT ME!!!!??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you were very nice to share the hole with her. Maybe she likes you and wants you to be her boyfriend....

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  3. With Queen Natasha the Evil in this house, the boys have all learned it is just safer and easier to give her what she wants. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you dig a hole for me?
    I'll share it with you!
    Licks and sniffs,
    Sassy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jack you have asked a question that can never be answered so don't let it bother you...mom said oh no Madi I bet that ungrateful female dog p'd in Jack's nice cool hole...whew thank goodnes she wasn't that unlady like. She sounds like her name might should be Meme...since it is all about her. You are a gentleman and remember good manners will take you places.
    Beautiful flower,
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Ocotillo's at the park are starting to finally bloom. Aren't they beautiful! Did Jack ever get a chance to dig himself a new hole?

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woof! Woof! Sure missed reading your posts. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jack, you must know that it's a female's perogative to change her mind. And smart boy, you also know it's Mother's Day weekend--which means that females can have everything and anything they want. At least, that's how it is at my house. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found you on the Blog Hop! You have the kind of sense of humor I love - just like mine! Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. furry purrty flowers jackarooni
    and how gentlemanly of you to let the confused girldoggy have your hole. you deserve extra pibble sugars for all your kindness.

    pibble wiggles
    the pittie pack

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jack! Can't trust those gals. Was she blond?

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's nice to share...Especially with girls!

    Smileys!
    Dory

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jack ___ "THANK YOU" for your vote!!!

    http://showmestatedogs.blogspot.com/2010/05/vote-for-show-me-state-dogs-video-in.html

    (PLEASE SHARE THIS LINK WITH YOUR FURRY FRIENDS)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Drama queens and showy plants. Fun!

    ReplyDelete