Monday, July 13, 2009

July 13, 2009

Contrary to what SOME people* say...
(*Some people being the tall guy!)

I can be very well-behaved when I need to be! For example, when we are out walking and I see another puppy, I do my 'What a cute puppy!' routine. It gets them every time! :)

First, I sit down. That gives me the advantage of being able to see the other puppy while I make sure that they see me.


Then, after I make sure the other puppy sees me, I lie down so that they will know that I am a nice puppy who just wants to play. This also LURES them close enough so that I can .... no wait, scratch that! The tall guy says I can not do any more luring!! (Something about liability insurance - I guess that's when you have the ability to lie down - I've got that down pat!). Anyways, it just lets the other puppy know that I would like to play with them.


Then, if they are a nice puppy, and their peoples let them come over and talk to me, sometimes I get to make a new friend. Sometimes I scare them off because I get TOO excited, but that's ok too. There's always another puppy waiting around the next corner!

5 comments:

  1. Jack, you are one cute puppy :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Jack....
    You are such a gentle, obedient Lab!! TG has taught you well or is it you teaching him? :-)
    You are looking fine in your red halter...I love red...Go Wolf Pack!!
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are being such a good puppy Jack!! I woud so come play with you!

    Smileys!
    Dory

    ReplyDelete
  4. Handsome and well-behaved....hmmmm...
    My heart is racing!!!!
    Sassy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jack you are such a good puppy. We haven'tgotten to ther point of laying down when we see another puppy but we sometimes do sit.
    Sasha is the best. I am learning and Mom tells me I am getting much better. I don't feel I always haver to be the big(?) protector.
    Anyhow, have a great day and we like the color red on you.
    Ernie & Sasha

    ReplyDelete