Wednesday, July 8, 2009

July 8, 2009

Do NOT try to catch the ducks!

Since it was like 140,000 temperatures here yesterday, the tall guy said that we should go to the lake, so that I could play in the water. He said I have been very good riding in the car lately (meaning, I don't bark as much as I used to!), so we could go right then! Needless to say, I was a VERY GOOD PUPPY all the way up to the lake.

When we got there, there were some people fishing, so the tall guy said we would have to go to the other side of the lake so we wouldn't bother them.

I did not see any fish, BUT, when we got to the other side, I did see a bunch of ducks! Ducks, if you recall, are like birds who sit on the water. I guess it feels good on their butts! (I know it feels good on mine!)

Well, I decided that there were too many ducks on my side of the water and that some of the ducks should go over on the other side. (Actually, it was a family of ducks, but I didn't know that at the time.) So, since the tall guy had taken off my string, I decided to go out and have a talk with them.

Well for some reason, they decided to start swimming away from me, so I thought I would follow them, as I just wanted to ask them to share the lake. Well, they kept swimming and I kept swimming and they kept swimming and I kept swimming, and before I knew it, I was a little farther away from the shore than the tall guy thought I should be! (It was my first time out in the deep water and the tall guy didn't know what a good swimmer I am!). Well, I looked back and he had already thrown down his keys, his phone and the camera and was just about to come into the water to get me (he is silly like that sometimes. Needless to say, that is why there aren't any pictures of me and the ducks). So, in order to keep him from getting wet, I decided I had better come on back. The tall guy was very happy when I got back, but......

if you look carefully at the picture above, you'll notice that I have my string attached to my collar again. I guess the tall guy decided that I could still play in the water but that I didn't need to go out quite so far again. But, it was still really nice to run and splash and swim. A short while later, we headed down the mountain with the windows rolled down, so that I could dry off on the way home.



All in all, it was a very nice vacation. Maybe I will see you at the lake next time we are there!

Now I won't need a bath for a year!!
(THINK AGAIN! - The tall guy)



7 comments:

  1. Good morning Jack and Tall Guy,
    Goodness me you two have the best adventures. You are a lucky Lab!! I thoroughly enjoyed your story today. So sounds like this was your first trip to the lake and you are a very good swimmer. I can truly feel TG's fear seeing you so far out of his reach. Dad's are like that you were a very good boy to sense this and return on your own. Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun...A lake!
    I can see you using your otter tail in the water!
    Swim on Big Boy!
    Buddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jack you are sure brave to go into the deep water. I am ascared of water. Good luck with the "no bath" thing. Watch out for nightmares!

    I get to go to the lake and play tonight!! But, no swimming for me!

    Smileys!
    Dory

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you Jack, looks like you had a great time! The photos are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most times when you see my picture, I gots that silly string on ME too Jack. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gots that stupid string in my pix. Moms and Dads are like that..you can only go SOOOO far and then they makes you turn around.

    Grrrs to you...
    Gizzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jack - that was pretty pawsome to swim after those ducks - I just chase the little boogers back into the water - then I jump out - I've never tried to swim - maybe I will try that while I'm at the beach. We're in Hilton Head - we take the ferry out to Daufuskie tomorrow - YEAH - and we'll be there for a whole week

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun adventure! I let Moose off his string for a swim and he went so far I was very worried he would just keep going. Since it was in the ocean that was not cool. He was headed for Cuba! We are really glad you came back so tall guy did not get more worried and wet!
    Moose + Dana
    p.s. we love your new signature!

    ReplyDelete