Tuesday, November 3, 2009

November 3, 2009

More Phuppy Phrases* You Should Know!
(a nod to Khyra)


(Moving the stick so no one will trip on it.
That's my story and I'm STICKing to it.)

Here are some more puppy phrases that your peoples may use but that can mean different things to us puppies. The tall guy uses these A LOT when we are out walking!

Phrase #1: GO!
He usually says this when I am walking in front of him and suddenly stop to smell something right before he trips over me. He thinks that GO! means keep on walking. What GO! really means is that you must be smelling something really good like candy or a hot dog that someone has dropped and you're not supposed to eat it! Just remember, GO! really means that somewhere near you on the ground is the best thing you will ever taste in your whole entire life.

Phrase #2: Come On!
I hear this a lot on our way back home after our walk. The tall guy thinks that Come On! means that I am walking too slow because he's trying to get back home to watch The Amazing Race! What Come On! really means is that he is walking too fast because HE is trying to get back home to watch The Amazing Race! I have to remind him that he is RECORDING The Amazing Race! and that I will be happy when The Amazing Race! is done so that we don't have to run home on our walks. Just to confuse you, Come On! will mean something completely different in about a month because The Amazing Race! will be over. In about a month, Come On! will mean hurry and get home because some OTHER competetive reality tv show will be on!

So there you have some more PHUPPY PHRASES for everyone to learn. And remember, "Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars".

Note from the tall guy:
Re: Jack's puppy parking picture
The picture actually shows Jack 'lying in wait' when he sees another puppy that he wants to play with. He just happened to do this right next to the curb for the picture. He just started doing this on his own - I didn't train him to do it. Almost everyone who sees him do it thinks that he is such a well-trained puppy! Silly people! Sometimes he will stay in that position and wait until the other puppy comes up and says hello. Sometimes he will wait until the other puppy is about 2 feet away from him and THEN jump up and get all wiggly and excited. I never know which way he is going to react.

16 comments:

  1. I'm thinking woo are training The Tall Guy khwite well!

    As fur The Amazing Race - that would be trying to khatch me if I happened to get loose!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they ever allow puppies as partners on the Amazing Race and you and TG get to compete, you'll be glad you got home in time to watch how the race is run...

    Grrrrrs from Gizzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jack and TG!!!
    We're learning a lot from you two.
    Mom can certainly understandy the 'come on' phrase when it involves Amazing Race. She is a die hard fan too. She doesn't miss an epispode and gets very irrate when there is a football game on at 4 on Sunday on that network 'cause it means everything will be late!!!
    The lying in wait 'trick' is so cute and even better it is a natural instinct of Jacks. He can pull out that cute card whenever he needs it.
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. And our humans think they have us fooled!!! I think we need to start pitching on our blogs about doggie/human amazing race!! BOL!!!

    lotsa licks,
    Miley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Mike and Beth have words I am suppose to know what to do when they say them too. Aren't people funny. Then Beth does something she likes to call "hand commands"....she looks like shes putting a spell on me....ha ha....people, you gotta love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey my Mom uses those same words....think it's a conspiracy of some sorts???

    ReplyDelete
  7. BOL...Boy Jack you are learning very fast for a youngster!! Keep up the good work!!

    Smileys!
    Dory

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go! means to go to the bathroom in my case and hurry up!! means mom has to go to work. love the curb photo

    ReplyDelete
  9. My humans use those phrases as well! I guess they're not very original, are they? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It just goes to show how smart we pups are. Not only do we have extensive vocabularies, we keep up on all the nuances of the language too.

    TG: Mum says if Jack wants to come visit us while you go on the jeep ride, he's very welcome (as long as it's after Tuesday).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Jack & TG, We really like your puppy park curb shot. Nice place to rest your chin while you are waiting for the pups to play with. Thanks for the info on puppy phrases. We enjoy visiting you.
    Have a fun week
    Ernie & Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im beginning to think Darwin thinks her name is really "sit" because when I tell her to sit she just looks at me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jack, I am with you on Go and Come on. Sheesh will they ever get it? Around here it is either sports or some stupid cooking show that I am supposed to rush for. No thank you I say.

    licks and sniffs, Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jack, our momma reads your bloggy and also reads in between the lines (whatever that means). Our momma told us that you are a furry mucho loved dog and that is a furry mucho good thing to be in this world.

    BTW, likin' that stick☺

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I finally get a grandchild, I assure you...one of the things I will do is read this blog with them. I have said it before, and will say it again. These stories are a highlight of my day!

    ReplyDelete