Monday, November 30, 2009

November 30, 2009

Practicing for
THE JOUST!

I've decided that we puppies should bring back the Middle Ages custom of
THE JOUST!
(I think the Middle Ages were like 1950 or something).

Evidently, to do the joust, you pick up a big stick and
run at someone else who has a big stick as well!


The tall guy said there were supposed to be horses involved,
but I think this new way is better!
Wherever there are horses,
there's bound to be lots of horse 'deposits'.
You can run a lot faster when you don't
have to watch where you're running!
You have to run very very fast with the stick.
Some knights named their stick 'Lance'.
I named my stick 'Sticky'.
RUN! RUN!

I just asked the tall guy what a knight might say before he did a joust!
Here's what he said:
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day."


I told him that he should try to get that published somewhere!


And here we are at the end of the joust.
Notice that I am no longer holding Sticky in my mouth.
I found that if you run very fast with a stick in your mouth,
you are very liable to get splinters.
Splinters are NOT fun.

I do not know how the knights who lived in 1950 did it.
Jousting is hard!
Maybe we should just stick with Frisbee Golf!

13 comments:

  1. Chuckling at Khyra's comment.

    Natasha likes to find the biggest stick possible to carry on walks because then she can hit the rest of The Herd with it. Wonder why we call her Evil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack you can be my Knight in Shining armor any day. Mom and I enjoyed the story too.
    Well we have our final 3 on TAR...I was really hoping to she the Globetrotters in there. Mom got very frustrated when he could not figure out
    F R A N Z
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. TAR
    TG at least you tried!! You just never know until you try. I've often wondered how they pick contestants or what you say or write that may or may not appeal to them. You are the only person I've ever known to apply. I'm proud of your effort. IF I ever applied and was lucky enough to get picked, I'd be out as soon as I had to be UP HIGH!!! Don't like heights or eat something that smelled bad.
    HA!!
    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think TG had a goblet in his hand when he made this post!!! Very clever!
    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sir Jack of Arizonaland! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jack, I discovered your blog by accident, but I am very happy that I did! Your comments bring a little ray of sunshine to my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sir Jack - I agree with you 100% no horses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. JAck, MAN!! you are a guy of many talents!!

    Yah I would say keep to frisbee, splinters can be no fun at all!!

    Wags
    Jazzi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Frisbee golf is a good call! Just ask Sola what playing with sticks can lead to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are totally a knight in shining fur and galloping horse all rolled in one! Frolf sounds like totally your game though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Striking jousting off the list and adding Frisbee Golf!

    Thanks Jack!!
    Smileys!
    Dory

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look very knightly! (Is that a word? I say YES.) You lead a very fun life, Jack my man :)

    ReplyDelete