Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 13, 2010

Tour de Jack
Rest Day!!

No, I am not drowning.
I am swimming!

Well fortunately today was a rest day at the Tour de Jack, so the tall guy took me up to the lake so I could 'wet my whistle'. I have no idea what that means, except when he whistles I'm supposed to come running. Like I don't have anything better to do. Anyway, I got to play in the water for a long time and even got to put my head under the water to find some sticks. We didn't see any ducks this time, but there were a couple of other dogs including a German Shepherd who was not happy that I got to go swimming and he didn't. It was so much fun and the tall guy even let me stink all the way home before he beat me with the towel, er.... dried me off with the towel. So now I'll be all rested up and ready to go tomorrow!

I do not know how I learned to swim. I think it is like puppy magic or something because I did not know how to swim before I was born. Still, the tall guy did not let me off my string, so I didn't get to swim very far. I showed him the pictures of puppies who get to run and jump off the rocks into the water, but he said I would scare the fish away and then all the people who were fishing would get mad at him and yell at him and make him feel like yesterday's pizza. (I don't think he understands the concept of analogies yet, but we're working on it.) We still had a very good time. Several people told the tall guy that it was pretty neat that I got to go swimming. I have to say that I agree!!

25 comments:

  1. JAck
    Oh, I can see you making a running jump off the shore or a dock and yelling Bombs Away!! Dogs rule!!! Glad you had a great time swimming. Take some laps for me cuz I HATE it.

    wags
    Jazzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you SURE you're not drowning? Perhaps it's just the photo....

    You didn't know how to swim before you were born? Now that I think about it I don't know of any dogs that could. Hmm. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterdays pizza huh! YUM!

    Jack the Alligator, I have a very similar swimming pic on the side bar of my bloggy!

    I wish it was warm enough here for me to want to go swimming

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, was it an anchovy pizza?

    Or as Mom khalls them 'those vile little fish?'

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra
    PeeEssWoo: At least woo didn't sinki as woo swam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you wearing water ski's under there?

    Elizabeth & Luna

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is puppy magic jack. There is no limit to our gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is it with this water thing again?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! Did my pithy comment get eaten? OK, so I was just sayin how you labradorks are regular water rats right out of the chute and that I would love some of yesterday's pizza.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  9. We find when the humans whistles for us that if we woo back at him - and we keep doing whatever we are doing - he is most amused. Or annoyed. We forget which.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our favorite fragrance = Wet Lab Eau de Parfum

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jack you're doing the doggie paddle how cute. You two have once again made Mom lol; however, the makeup didn't get ruined this time.
    Yesterday's pizza indeed that is pretty darn bad well unless you are a male college student. They seem to thrive on yesterday's pizza.

    Did TG make you take a shower when you got home?

    Thanks for the smiles.
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor TG. He just doesn't get it. To a dog, yesterday's pizza is scrumptious! Glad he took you swimming, Jack!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you're in doggy heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish Darwin would swim... or at least get in the water when it's so hot out. Maybe you could give classes to doggies like Darwin who like the water... but only sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOWZERS! You are a water rescue dog too! I knew we were alike!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish Milly would swim - but she rarely even gets in the water! Looks like you're having a BLAST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You always have so much fun! Lucky dog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It sounds like you had a very good time swimming Jack! I love the water too but I think I would love is more if M.O.M. would swim with me. I heard her say something about getting in the water with me when we go back to the ocean real soon. All I know is that is sure tastes different that my pond water here in Montana. But I will still give the water at the ocean another chance if she wades in it with me! Hugs and wags, Mistaya

    ReplyDelete
  19. Is you skinny dipping again?
    I have absolutely NO use fur water...except to drink it.
    Now da key word you used was "suppose" to come running...you don't actually do dat do you?

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woot woot pal!! Oh yeah some swimmings! Sometimes mom keeps me on my 70ft line for water...1in webbing for 30ft then a close line attached...I can go FAR...it gets tangled and a bit dirty/wet...but we are learning to trust each other more :)
    Goodness...LANCE and all his crashes!!! What's he in, 39th place?

    Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
    Sierra Rose

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Jack - isn't swimming THE BEST! Looks like you had a good time. String and all.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jack, You're so lucky to know how to swim. I also can do the doggie paddle but that's about it. I almost drowned when I was 12 because I wasn't on a string..(you know I'm a human, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, Jack!
    Going to swim sure it was a perfect way to rest from the Tour of Jack!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  24. You sure look like one happy Jack!!

    Smileys & Snuggles!
    Dory, Jacob and Bilbo

    ReplyDelete