Monday, December 6, 2010

December 6, 2010

It's time for
The ANNUAL EATING OF
THE CHRISTMAS HAT!



Yes, dear friends, it's once again time for the Annual Eating of the Christmas Hat.

What? You've never heard of the Annual Eating of the Christmas Hat tradition? You mean your peoples don't make you put on the fuzzy red hat? What are they thinking? Have they been doing some early dipping into the egg nog?

Every year since I've been born, the tall guy tries to make me wear this silly red hat with the white ball on it. And every year, I have to remind him that I do not like to wear the silly red hat with the white ball on it. And every year he ignores me.

I try to make funny faces when he takes the pictures so that none of them will be usable, but he just plops that darned hat down on my head like my opinion doesn't matter.

So, this year I'm starting a new tradition. (That may be why you haven't heard of it yet!) It's the ANNUAL EATING OF THE CHRISTMAS HAT. I figure if I get enough holes in the fuzzy red hat, eventually the tall guy won't be able to use it any more because there won't be any red fuzz left.

Won't you join me in this new holiday tradition? It doesn't have to be a hat. It can be reindeer antlers, bows, festive collars or any thing which they try to get you to wear so they can put your picture on their Christmas cards to send to Aunt Mabel or Uncle Farnum.


So take a stand, take a bite, take a hike or take a bus, but remember, NO MORE FUZZY RED HATS!!*

*(Unless, of course, you LIKE wearing hats.)

23 comments:

  1. I'm behind you 100%. I hate hats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Jack, I dont' get to wear those kind of things. But I am sure you can chew that hat up in no time!!
    Hugs, Mistaya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Jack. I pretty much try to eat any costuming that comes my way, but my Mom is one persistent broad!

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Tootie doesn't like wearing anything, but she can't put up much of a fight when she only weighs five pounds. Still, the spunky little rebel tries to throw her weight around in spit of it. BTW, Jack, I think you look handsome in a red hat, and you really ought to get some cute shoes to match.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude. you've started a Movement! A Rebellion! We happily join in your noble crusade. Abby just rolls over on her back in her best submissive pose when mama tries to take dorky pictures. I rely on my ability to shake off the offensive head gear faster than mama can put it on and take a picture. Chewing holes in it is definitely a nice touch. No more hats, red or fuzzy or any other kind!

    Jed & Abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Jack. You really , really must NOT like wearing the Christmas hat as I think that is the very first time I have NEVER seen you smiling in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bad news. That second picture is good enough for Aunt Mabel and Uncle Farnum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get out! I did the same thing myself. Damn those dumb hats. The Mango will not succumb.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Jack....Madi here RSVPing on the Annual Eating of the Christmas Hat...count me in on the party. The only hats I wear are ones that are photo shopped on my head. MOL

    PS...red is your color!!!

    Happy Monday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is that day one of the 12 Dog Days of Christmas? One fuzzy hat! Two white gloves, Three candy canes.....

    Mogley G. Retriever

    ReplyDelete
  11. OoH Jack,

    My mom has given up on trying to gets me to wear one of dose things. :)

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    PeeS Mom would like da Tall Guy to puleeze send your snail mail addy to me at maggiemaesaysATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goooooooood...elf hats are included, right?

    Ummmmm, I admit da second foto is very Christmas card worthy.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry, Dude! Like my hats and don't like to get them dirty or drooly -- so mine will stay in the HUGE hat closet. Enjoy yours though -- maybe try some gravey on it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jack, I would like to send you a holiday card. (I wouldn't recommend eating it though) Could you email me your address??

    Thanks
    Licks,
    Kylie
    Ali2005FSC at Yahoo dot Com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cabana is right with you, Jack! She wouldn't want to wear a silly Santa hat either. I bought her a raincoat, which actually serves a purpose (other than to just amuse humans), but she's not too thrilled about that even.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bah! Humbug! You are such a Scrooge. Lighten up and have some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. 'da Josie is definitely in!! hee hees!! Can Josie dip it's in cheese?

    Hugs!!
    Josie

    ReplyDelete
  18. my dogs are lucky i didn't pack them in our move! otherwise, they'd be joining you. especially juno. she loves to diss the hats. and the shoes. and the boots. and the flip flops. and the socks. and the gloves... sigh.

    ReplyDelete