Friday, December 3, 2010

December 3, 2010

How To Play Frisbees*

It seems there is some confusion about how to play Frisbees. Some dogs seem to think that you let your person throw it and then you run and try to catch it and bring it back to them to let them throw it again. Well, you can play that game if you want to, but I think you'll like mine better.

First, you let the person throw the Frisbee, and you can run and get it if you want to, or you can just saunter over and pick it up. Whatever mood hits you. Then you go somewhere in the shade and plop down. It's better if you plop, because then your person will understand that you are tired of running after a piece of plastic and that you need some 'you' time for a while.

After you've found a good place to plop, you can start eating the outside of the Frisbee. Don't swallow it, because, as everyone knows, Frisbees do not have no nutritional value. But, chewing will help prevent harmful plaque from forming on your teeths and give you fresh Frisbees breath! And you can keep chewing until your person gets over to you and tries to take the Frisbees away! Now isn't that more fun than running around like a chicken with its head cut off?

So there you have it. Fun with Frisbees. See you at the park!

* Yes, I know I did a post about a Frisbees a while back, but this is a new post. Just forget you even read the old one - if you even DID read it that is!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info Jack. I am not really into fetching a frisbee. I would just stand there and then my person would give up and she would go and get it, hence she would be fetching. I like that game the best!! BOL

    wags
    jazzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it the heat that makes woo eat your toys like that?

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack, you and Lady have the same retrieving philosophy, "just say no". There is the word "retriever" in your breed name....right? I keep telling Lady that.....she just looks at me like I have 3 heads. For all I know...I might.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent technique! We also like the version where they throw it and you get it and just run around with it, like frisbee keep-away. Or when you get it and take it someplace else and drop it so your person gets lots of exercise following the agilities route you so thoughtfully set up for them. There's just so much scope with this game. How could anyone think two, or even twenty, posts were too many on such a fascinating subject!

    Jed & Abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, something we can agree on (although I personally find the frisbee to be very tasty and worth swallowing as the result is brightly colored and most festive poop).

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jack Jack Jack.....
    You are wise beyond your years....I don't go out but if I did I would certainly follow your instructions; however, I, Madi the Diva Cat, never saunter... I SASHAY!!!
    PS: TG very good instructions too!!
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. As Siberians, we totally endorse your frisbee / fetch methods. If the humans want it with them, don't throw it away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your game. And I agree with The Thundering Herd.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooooh! Fresh Frisbee Breath! Someone should invent a breath mint in that flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very informational Jack! Just when I think I know everything -- I find out I don't....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your approach Jack! Another think I like to do is get the human to toss it, then just stare at them with an expression that says, "Why don't you go get it?"

    ReplyDelete