Tuesday, September 22, 2009

September 22, 2009

More Camping Fun!

Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong. ~ George Carlin

Here I am looking down the road into the forest.
I didn't see any forest - all I could see were a bunch of trees!

Here I am in the meadow looking for fleas and ticks.
The tall guy said that we had to be on the lookout for fleas and ticks.
I didn't find any, but if I had, I would have told him!

One of the sticks I found in the water.
It was small and hadn't been in the water very long,
otherwise it would have been WATER LOGGED! :)

I thought the spots on this cow were very unique. You don't always see spots
that contain TWO vowels on most cows!

Here I am watching the puppy parade.
There were a LOT of puppies out walking.
There were 5 puppies who looked exactly alike!
Or maybe it was the same puppy who kept walking by!

Whew, after all the walking and parades and playing, I was plumb tuckered out.
(That's the way they talk in the mountains!)
So here I am relaxing on the sofa in the cabin.
The tall guy put a sheet on the couch because he said someone's hair was coming out
and he didn't want to get it all over the couch.
Funny, I haven't noticed him losing any hair lately!

Tomorrow: Camping video!

11 comments:

  1. That's MY kind of camping!
    Cabin (check)
    Couch (check)
    Cows with vowels....This place has it ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack it looks like you are having a really nice time in Camping, USA. I want to come and play with you.

    licks and sniffs, Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are having so much fun Jack. Hhhmmmm, we know about the 'hair coming out thing' here too. Looking forward to the video tomorrow.

    Chrissie and Ben

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Jack.....I for one and VERY HAPPY you didn't find any fleas or ticks....good job on looking out for them. TG would not have wanted you to taking home any extra mouths to feed.
    Plumb tucker out....heck we talk like that here in the city too...but we are SOUTHERN...
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jack, looks like your having a great time camping!!! Can't wait to see the video!!!

    lotsa licks,
    Miley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I have a little forest in my backyard! Beth tells me to be careful of those ticks too! I wonder if there is a hunting season for them like I have heard about something called deer hunting. We could plan a tick hunting trip together. Wouldn't that be fun!?! I wonder what we would do with them after hunting them....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jack..I need to go camping now!! Looks like you and TG had a great time. Tell TG that I hid a few of those homemade PB Cookies...they are under the big bed...I can save them for him. BOL!

    Licks and Tail Wags to my cute friend....

    Olive :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful time you are having in camping!!

    That dog in the dog parade..the one that keeps walking by...that looks like Fiona the goldydoodle!

    Smileys!
    Dory

    ReplyDelete
  9. Olive's Mom here...

    Love the links within the posts...Between The Lions.. Cute :)

    Smiles from Texas...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh AWESOME! We never get to go camping! Our people keep TALKING about it, and how they always USED to do it, but they never take US.

    Maybe after seeing all of your posts they'll get their rumps in gear...

    Seriously Jealous,

    Nanook and Pooka

    ReplyDelete