Tuesday, March 30, 2010

March 30, 2010

The Case of
The One-Legged Lady
(cont'd)

All the furor had died down in the neighborhood. The lookie-loos had destroyed the crime scene. Even the police tape was torn down. No sense trying to get any more information here. It was time to call in the big boys: CSI. That's right. Canine Sniffing Investigators!

Good thing I'm friends with some of the pups who work for the CSI. They asked me if I would run a DNA (Doggy Nom-nom Analysis) test for them.

Nom-nom. Nom-nom.

Unfortunately, the DNA test didn't provide any clues. I couldn't catch a break! From the looks of the neighborhood, I figured that someone had to have seen it happen. I needed to find someone who knew these people; some low-life two-bit semi-lucid hyphenated drifter who didn't have a dog house to live in, a bone to chew on or a grassy area for squatting. Someone who had sucked all the milk out of the teats of life. If I could only find a mole who would be willing to help for a few cookies.

I said a MOLE, not a ground squirrel. Sheesh.

To be continued...

20 comments:

  1. teeheehee
    here at the pto society we have secret spies that could work for you if you offer some liver tweats
    not the human livers of course
    teehee
    pibble sugars and wee wags
    the pittie pack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sidekick auditions anyone?

    Koda MD

    ReplyDelete
  3. the DNA has fail! oh no! This is a big mistery, seriuosly.
    I will help you If you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are tampering with the evidence there, pal.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jack OMD you are one fantastic CSI Agent. You followed your nose to an underground source who could assist you in the investigation. Great job and most of all great story. Your assistant deserves a raise!!
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just stumbled upon your blog from over at Chronicles of a Country girl. Must say I love it! Jack is adorable and the stories that go along with the pictures are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're NOT SUPPOSED TO EAT IT JACK!!!!!! like Mango said. Totally tampering with the evidence!!

    -TD&Co. Gang

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never underestimate a ground squirrel...they can't be trusted! We say you lick him until he talks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jack, Dude, if you nom on the only evidence you have you will be back at square one!

    Back to the drawing board!

    Wags and Woofs,
    Mack and Mia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jack, you are cracking me up with the story. The doggie nom nom analysis test....got to love it!! I think the tall guy is a mystery writer. Love, Debbie and Holly

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great CSI agent! Maybe you could call in Catherine and Nick to help...they aren't that far away...

    Smileys!
    Dory

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm on the edge of my seat... (and that's really hard for a dog!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hyphenated drifter BOL! You are too much Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I couldn't wait to hear the outcome and now we have a great setback. I'm not worried. I have faith in you Jack.
    Twinkie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jack, Dude, I thought we went over all this....don't eat the evidence....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Canine Sniffing Investigators? Only you, Jack! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jack -- you and the Tall Guy always make us laugh!

    Cheyanne the Golden
    P.S. Who is the mole?

    ReplyDelete