Tuesday, May 19, 2009

May 19, 2009

Do not stick your nose where it doesn't belong!

I found out the hard way that some of the older puppies do not like when you stick your nose in their face when they are laying under the picnic table at the puppy park. One of the dogs, who is usually very nice, decided that I was being 'nosy' and actually bit me on the nose. Needless to say, I was not a happy puppy, but the tall guy said that I was ok.

After that fiasco, I found another puppy who wanted to play. His dad said he is a labradoodle (does that make his mother an etch-a-sketch?). That's him in the picture above. He is not trying to hog all the water; it's just the angle that the tall guy took the picture.

When we got home, the tall guy made me some cookies from a recipe that he found at Katie and Louis' bloghouse. I decided they were very good, even if the tall guy did make them himself (he's trying to learn how to be a better cook, so I try to give him all the encouragement I can). I didn't know if I would like salmons, but the tall guy told me that it was a type of fish, and it was pretty good. So if your puppy has been good today, go over to Katie and Louis' blog and make them some salmon cookies. (They are even good if you burn the edges, but don't tell the tall guy I told you about that!)

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear, sorry 'bout the beak, Jack. I hope he warned you a little before he snapped at you. I know you puppies some times have not figured out what is kosher to do (Teddy used to make some older dogs a bit cranky too with his nosy ways) but we really don't like it when they snap with now little snarl or growl first.
    Anywho, glad your beak still worked well enough to scarf down some cookies!
    Moose and Dana
    P.S. Your new friend is handsome and looks more labra than doodle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hope you are OK now, Jack!
    We will try to make some cookies too!
    Kisses
    Rufus and Indie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dog parks can be just as brutal as playgrounds at schools. I'm sure every dog claims the park, or at least parts of it, as his own. Woof, Tank

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jack!
    Kiko send you a big hug!
    Hope you are realy ok!!!
    Good job with the tall guy and
    good luck with he´s cooks
    :D

    hugs ang kisses from kikos world

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jack - these guys have some nerve huh...I have gotten snapped at twice already too. One day we might end up not being such the nice guy...but for now we will be. Yum, I love salmons.....

    Signed,
    The Birthday Boy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jack,
    How could any puppy snap at your sweet handsome face...I bet he was just "jellyous" of your good looks...
    We'll have to check out the salmon cookies, may be a good diet snack for Buddy!

    Hugs and Rubs,
    Zack, Sassy and Buddy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jack, so sorry you got your nose nipped. Don't you hate it when stuff like that happens. The cookies do sound yummy!!!
    You are so handsome and we bet that pup must have just been in a cranky mood.
    Woofs!
    Ernie & Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jack - sorry the big dog got your nose - As for the salmon cookies YUCK! I hate fish - mom is always trying to get me to eat white fish - supposedly it's good for my teeny tiny liver - but I'm not going for it - GIVE ME CHICKEN!!!!

    ReplyDelete