What Do I Do All Day?
Well, I wish I could say I get to play all day, but here's how my typical day goes:
1) Wake up - try not to wake up Mr. Grumpy Pants because he doesn't like waking up as early as I do.
2) Fail miserably in my attempt not to wake up Mr. Grumpy Pants. I hope your peoples are much friendlier when they first wake up.
3) Crawl over to where he was sleeping while he goes into the showers. I don't know why he likes to smell like soaps but he does.
4) Wait until he goes and sits down at the computer, then go and remind him that we have not had a walk yet.
5) Go for our first walk. I find it's best if you walk pretty fast on the way out, but take your time on the way back. That way your walk will last longer, because the tall guy doesn't like for people to see him dragging me down the road on the way back home.
6) Come back and eat some breakfasts. The tall guy likes to eat Cheery Os. I ask him what does a cereal have to be so happy about. If I have been exceedingly good on our first walk, he will give me one O.
7) Jump in the car. Make sure you only jump in the side, because if you start jumping in the back, the tall guy will think you are willing to jump in the car any time he wants.
8) Drive to the park (not the dog park - just the local one) and talk to the other dogs (if we're lucky) or chase the baseball (if we're lucky), eat some beans (if I'm lucky) or just walk around and see what smells we can find.
8) Come home and take my first nap while the tall guy plays on the Internets.
9) Wake up around 12 o'clocks when the tall guy decides he's hungry and needs to fix something to eat.
10) Put my head on his leg to see if he will give me some of what he is eating.
11) After he has eaten all his stuff (for the 2nd time in the day, mind you!!), take my second nap.
Speaking of which, it is past time for my second nap. I'll write some more about this tomorrow! :)
Hmmm, very interesting day so far, Jack. But what I want to know is, why you aren't allowed through that gate?? Double hmmmm.....ReplyDelete
I so hope woo do prakhtice Safe Pacing!ReplyDelete
Is it true that cream cakes can be found through that door?ReplyDelete
Sounds like a good way to spend a day!ReplyDelete
Snoozing, snacking, sightseeing, sniffing!
And I agree... why do the humans like to smell like soaps and fruits.... WEIRD!
I am exhausted just reading that. You have to go walkies on an empty stomach? And then you still have energy for the park? You are some sort of super charged up action dog.ReplyDelete
Oh Jack - U git tu du so much durin'the day.ReplyDelete
cept on the weekendz when r mom iz home, r day iz kinda lazy - we hardly ever git walkz during the day but then it haz bin super hot lately. Haf a great day!
Not a bad way to spend the day :)
Woofs and Licks,
PeeS What is in that room and why can't you gets to it....hmmm? :)
Your day has just about worn us out. Madi perked up at the mention of food. Cheery O's are the kibble of choice for Mom too. She eats them every weekday morning with a banana.
As for Mr. Grumpy Pants...maybe while he is in the shower with the smelly soap you should prepare him a nice cup of coffee. That will probably help with the grumpiness.
Thanks for the laugh,
madi and mom
Looks a lot like our day only we don't get that many walks. Phantom likes to pull, pull, pull, until we get to the top of our street on the way home. Then he decides to walk nicely in the hopes that Mom will stay out a bit longer.ReplyDelete
Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara
Okays, I tired now, I come back latters.ReplyDelete
Augie and Ti don't stop for naps--their days are one long nap broken up by little pockets of activity ;-) Then they go to bed LOLReplyDelete
Woo - the secret room. Those baby gates are very frustrating (except for Kiska who can weave through them very well).ReplyDelete
Uh, and we try not to wake up the hu-dad, too, so we just sit and stare at him. Apparently we stare too loud some mornings too. Most fun are those morning where he gets up really early and we don't move. grins.
Hey there Jack,ReplyDelete
I was watching your pawsome video....and just abouts the time I was noticing da doggie gate in da background....the message and arrow shows up during the video! BOL! It was like you knew I was watching
Sounds like a pretty good schedule....but playing all day would be more fun!ReplyDelete
Wow, I love your schedule. I am being shorted on my attentions! Must speak to humans immediately about this. Thanks Jack!ReplyDelete
Sounds like a great way to spent the day, Jack!ReplyDelete
Add more play and it will be perfect! Thanks for sharing your day with us.
Now that is my kinda day! Have your daddy, tell my daddy, how it is done!
After reading about your day, Jack, I'm worn out. Now I need a nap!ReplyDelete